We are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all visitors and users of beeboon.co.uk website.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Bee Kingdom UK Limited of 10 Willow Court, 2 Leithcote Path, SW16 2QG.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you enter via our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering an account on our Website, subscribing to any service which we provide, searching our Website, placing an order on our Website, participating in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Website, creating wish lists on our Website, or requesting further services. We may also collect and process information when you enter a competition or promotion, and when you report a problem with our Website. The information you give us may include without limitation your name, postal address, e-mail address, password, telephone number, financial and credit card information, age, occupation, personal description, photograph, product interests and style interests.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- If you contact us (by phone, email, or otherwise), we may keep a record of our correspondence with you.
- Information you provide when you enter a survey (we may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them).
- Technical information may be collected automatically, including without limitation the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Details of your visits to our Website may be collected automatically, including without limitation full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products and pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, lengths of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page (including information about how you use social media plug-ins), traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
There are four main types of cookies – here’s how and why we use them.
- Site functionality cookies– these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Bag” and “Save for Later”.
- Site analytics cookies– these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
- Customer preference cookies– when you are browsing or shopping on ASOS, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
- Targeting or advertising cookies– these cookies are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found athttps://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/ . Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site, and the complete beeboon user experience that we pride ourselves on providing our customers.
How may we use your information?
We collect all of this information from you for a number of different purposes, which we want you to understand – all of these purposes apply wherever ASOS does business, including countries outside your own. A number of specific uses for specific data is already detailed above. But we often need to use lots of different types of information or data collectively in order for ASOS to work and in order to be able to provide the Services to you. These more fundamental purposes include the collective use of your information:
- To set up, and manage your account, so you can place orders, so we can provide our products and services to you, so we can make sure that the items you order get to you (and get there on time!), so we can communicate with you about your orders and your account, so we can track potential problems and trends, and customise our support responses to better serve you. It’s everything involved in putting the products on the website, so you can browse them and then order them, and so we can then deliver them to you and answer any questions or queries you may have.
- To ensure that our users are genuine and to ensure that we are paid for goods that we despatch – for example, by using personal information, or disclosing that personal information to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, in order to confirm your identity and conduct appropriate anti-fraud checks. Any such credit reference or fraud prevention agency may keep a record of that information but please note that a formal credit check is not performed and your credit rating will not be affected.
- To update you on our latest products, news and special offers – if you have registered with us or provided us with your email address and elected to receive marketing communications from us, we will occasionally update you on our latest products, news and special offers via e-mail, post, and push notifications.
- To send services communications about things like service availability, security, and other issues about the functioning. You may/will receive service messages even if have unsubscribed from our mailing list because they usually contain important information about your account, security or the Services which we need to make you aware of. You cannot opt out of service messages for this reason.
- To target beeboon banners and ads to you when you’re on certain other websites (what’s called Digital Marketing Re-targeting) – we do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, and the banners and ads you will see will be based on your previous use of beeboon website.
- To carry out polls, surveys, analysis and research on how our site is being used, customer views, what we could do better etc.
- To make beeboon products and services better and to develop new ones. We may use site statistical information and log data, to help it identify potential areas to improve the services we offer.
Uses Made of Your Personal Information
We may use information held about you to:
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- Set up, manage and contact you about your account and orders.
- Update and manage our customer and marketing databases.
- Ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device.
- Provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about.
- Provide you, with information about other products or services that we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Personalise emails that we send to you, including using your name to address emails to you and using your gender to provide gender-specific content.
- Carry out market research and analysis;
- Notify you about changes to our service;
- Administer and improve our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- Confirm your age and identity, and to identify and prevent fraud;
- Keep our Website safe and secure; and comply with applicable law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of Sale and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of beeboon.co.uk.
Uses of Analytics and Targeting Advertising Tools
In order to better serve our Website visitors and customers we may use Google Analytics features such as Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration and/or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting (Google Display Advertising Features).
You can opt-out of the Google Display Advertising Features and customise Google Display Network ads using the Ad Settings.
As an added privacy measure, you can use the Google Analytics opt-out browser add on.
Regarding Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, we may use data from Google’s Interest-based advertising and/or third party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics to target and improve our marketing campaigns, marketing strategies and our Website content.
We may also use analytics and targeted advertising tools provided by other third parties, including Facebook and Bing.
Your Right Opting Out
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will never disclosure any data to third parties. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us you have the option of ‘opting out’ at any time. Clear instructions on how to opt out of each area will be detailed specifically (for instance, at the bottom of our e-newsletter you will have the option to unsubscribe by clicking a link). Alternatively, you can let us know in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates, or to social media platforms. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you, and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date. If you wish to do this, please write to us at email@example.com. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. We may charge you an administrative fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.